Friday 9 October 2009


6th October
Finally, Tony was ready to leave Tranquil Bay. He had decided that it was time we stayed in one place for a while but for me two or three days in Nidri are enough and I was anxious to be moving on. I read five books that week!!!
Our destination was Meganisi Island less than an hour away. First task was washing the mud off the chain and anchor: wow but the mud there sticks. It took ages to wash it off, occasionally dunking it back in the water for a few seconds in the hope that would help, but mostly using the hose, aiming water at the thick clump of mud that was glued to the anchor. Eventually, with most of the mud off I decided to take the wheel and have Tony finish the job. And so to Meganisi.
The wind was kind to us, blowing from a perfect angle to allow us to sail on the genoa only. Lovely. Peaceful. We floated along, enjoying the scenery, and all too soon we were approaching our planning anchorage, Port Atheni. There are a number of possible anchorages here but I fully intended going right to the bottom of the bay before we dropped anchor. I knew something Tony didn't: there is wifi there.

No comments: