Thursday 3 July 2008

Family



11th June

Two o'clock. The alarm was making a horrible noise.

'Come on, wake up, they'll be here soon!' Tony was obviously wide awake.

I so did not want to wake up. 'No, it's only two o'clock. They'll be ages yet' I groaned. It had been so nice being asleep with no rocking and rolling, no wind, no bangs. I managed another ten minutes before I finally dragged myself out of bed, threw on some clothes. It was much too soon, I knew it was. I sat there in the saloon, resisting waking up.

Tony wanted to walk to the gate. There was a likelihood that the gate would be closed and locked. Finally, around half past two, I agreed that we could go to the gate. But it was too soon, I knew it was.

I was just stepping onto the passerelle, following Tony ashore, when he said, 'There's a taxi coming.' and they were here, getting out of the taxi, coming on board. What joy! I was awake now, the waiting was over.

Eva was wide awake too. I had expected her to be asleep, or at least sleepy. She was soon investigating everything, practising going up and down the steps, rejecting her sleeping arrangements. But eventually we had caught up on all our news, sleep was taking over once again and Eva eventually found bliss... sleeping with mummy and daddy in their bed.

No comments: